Monday, June 12, 2006

Concerts, Concerts and More Concerts

Got a busy three days ahead of me - three shows in three nights. First up tonight dios (malos) and The Starlight Mints at the Bowery. Mainly going to see dios (malos) who I caught at the Great Bamboolzed a few years back playing on a side stage - and they were awesome. I remember them being pissed off about something and demanding the free beer they were promised. They were also involved in one of the stupider lawsuits around. Former Black Sabbath frontman and "originator" of the metal horns Ronnie James Dio served the band with a cease and desist order citing potential confusion over their similar names - I swear I'm not making this up read about it here.

Tomorrow night is Widespread at Irving for their album release party and Wednesday the so five minutes ago blogger band Arctic Monkeys at Roseland - more on those show later in the week. I'm also hoping to get my hands on a ticket for Band Of Horses for their Friday night show, so if anyone out there has an extra let me know.

No comments: