Monday, November 28, 2005

Weekend Wrap Up

Thanksgiving weekend in the New York City area can't be beat if you're a music fan. Over the course of four days I had the opportunity to catch four different bands, at four different venues. I won't bore you all with the details of the shows, but I do have a new band that I've now become a fan of - Scarecrow Collection. I don't really get excited about too many of the 'newer' jambands out there, but after catching moe. at Roseland on Friday night I headed down to the Knit to catch SC - with the promise that my man Lo Faber(formerly of God Street Wine - a band I used to really dig) would be sitting in (unfortunately had to miss out on his solo acoustic set earlier in the night). There was maybe about 30 or so people there, but man was there a lot of energy in the room. These guys play what I would call organic-jamrock - it falls somewhere in the realm of the Black Crowes , ekoostik hookah and Tea Leaf Green - and Lo did sit in for three songs which included the classic GSW song 'Get On The Train'.

Here's a couple SC shows to check out (didn't see anyone taping Friday night)....

2005-08-15 The Brass Lantern - Reading, PA
2005-10-07 Revolution Hall - Troy, NY

And here's moe.'s weekend run....

2005-11-25 Roseland Ballroom - NYC, NY
2005-11-26 Roseland Ballroom - NYC, NY

Unfortunately was too tired to catch the moe. acoustic show tonight at Coda, but looking forward to the download tomorrow. Also for all you GSW fans out there Lo will be playing the Knit with his band on Friday, December 16th - see you there!!!

No comments: