Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Circle Of Life

So I'm watching the UCLA/New Mexico State Preseason NIT game last night when the announcers mention that the coach of NMS is Reggie Theus. Well that got the old synapses firing when I say to myself 'Hey didn't Reggie Theus play a basketball coach on a Saved By The Bell type Saturday morning show for NBC called Hang Time? Wait a minute he did!'


Don't know why I found this to be funny. Maybe because I remember that show being so damn cheesy or the fact the during his interview to be their coach he might have brought up the fact that his prior coaching experience was playing one on TV where he had a girl play on a boy's basketball team. Didn't this high school ever hear of Title IX? (Well that's a story for another time I guess). Clearly I watch too much television.

No comments: