Sunday, November 13, 2005

R.I.P. Tribeca Rock

In the ongoing gentrification of Lower Manhatten the Tribeca Rock Club will be closing it's doors next month to make way for a new building of luxury condos. I can't say I will really miss the place, I was probably there less then ten times in its short existence. I did though see a few killer shows there. I was previledged enough to be there the night that Trey sat in with the Seth Yacovone Band for a solid two hours or so with maybe less then 100 people there. I also saw the OM Trio do a post-Phish New Year's show as well as their farewell show there too. So while I certainly won't be that bummed to see it go, it's just one less venue for smaller bands to play. Maybe the Lion's Den will pick up the slack - I'm sure they could use the business and maybe avoid booking so many tribute bands.

So in honor of the Tribeca Rock Club here's a few of shows to check out....

OM Trio Farewell Show - 2004-12-09
Rana - 2004-04-21
Garaj Mahal - 2004-03-05

Be sure to check their schedule, I'm sure they'll be some special farewell shows to check out.

No comments: