Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Halfway There

Well as I stuck to my convictions and didn't go see Trey last night at Roseland I missed out on him debuting his 'new' band during the encore that he dubbed 'Halfway There'......


Yes I'm a bit bummed I missed out on seeing Page (oh how I miss him), but then again if Trey is that jazzed about his new record and band why is he consistently doing Phish tunes? In my opinion that's what people are going to his shows expecting to hear - as well as a sit in by his former bandmates. I doubt anyone is really that excited to see 'Sweet Dreams Melinda' or 'Love is Freedom'.

Anyways you can read about it over at Slack LaLane ....

Play It Leo

And here....

Jambands.com News

Oh John Medeski also sat in during the 2nd encore for 'First Tube' too. I guess the moral of the story is next time I'll think twice about missing Big Red in NYC. I will grab this when it's up for download later today.

2 comments:

Ace Cowboy said...

Sorry you missed it, bud. Good times. 70VP is definitely getting better, and the Halfway There debut, hmmm, that was just gravy.

Jeffrey Greenblatt said...

Yeah yeah yeah I know I should have sucked it up and gone. Was offered tickets the day of the show and turned them down because I didn't want to pay 40 bucks for them. I definitely won't miss out the next time around, he always plays well in NYC.