Wednesday, December 21, 2005

WWJD (What Will Johnny Do?)

While I'm still getting used to the idea of Johnny Damon patrolling centerfield this season for the Yanks I thought this was a pretty interesting article from ESPN.com about his marketability in New York. Apparently last month the Business Sports Daily named him the third most marketable player behind the Captain and A-Rod in the majors - but this was all before he is going to be forced to cut off his signature flowing hair and scruffy beard.

3 comments:

Ace Cowboy said...

Ya know, I'm still not sold on Damon being leadoff and Jeter hitting in the 2-hole...Jetes has been a great leadoff hitter, and I'm not sure he should relinquish that spot until proven otherwise. I guess we'll see how that plays out.

Jeffrey Greenblatt said...

I agree with you that DJ has been a great leadoff hitter, but JD is more of pure one. He's a base stealer and with everyone sliding down in the line-up it's makes their 1-6 the strongest in the majors.

A.Guss said...

go brewers....