Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Cut Those Sideburns Mattingly

So I've mostly been posting about music since the baseball season ended, but as I sit here tonight the Yankees have finally made their first big move of the offseason (yes I know they added Kyle Farnsworth) by signing Captain Caveman to a four year $52 million deal. For some reason I've hated Damon more then some of the other Red Sox over the last few years - maybe it was that constant shit-eating grin he always had no matter if the Sox where winning or losing, it always irked me. Though I have to say it's quite the kick in the balls to the Sox which definitely makes me feel better about the deal.

Yes the guy is a legitimate lead-off hitter and we've needed that - we hadn't really had one since Chuck Knoblauch. What I'm mainly concerned about though is his arm - it's better then Bernie's, but that's not saying much.

Johnny better take one last look at that long hair and beard he's going to going from this....



To back to this....


So while I'm having mixed emotions about this right now, once he gets a hair cut and spring training starts I'm sure I'll be more excited about it. I mean look at this potential line-up....

CF - Johnny Damon

SS - Derek Jeter

3B - Alex Rodriquez

1B - Jason Giambi

RF - Gary Sheffield

LF - Hideki Matsui

C - Jorge Posada

DH - Bernie Williams

2B - Robinson Cano

That's a hell of a 1 through 9. Plus the starting rotation ain't to shabby either. So how many days till pitchers and catchers report???

No comments: