Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Phebruary

Well as Mr. Lesh promised after skipping NYC on his recent tour that he's be back in 2006 he wasn't lying - he's not only going to be back he might as well rent an apartment while he's here. Phil and Friends will be playing a total of eight nights in NYC - February 10-12, 14-15 at the Beacon Theater & 17-19 at the Hammerstein Ballroom (I'm sure this will become 10 shows when it's all said and done).

The tour is being dubbed 'Hell I Still Love New York' - so judging by the name my bet is on Ryan Adams being involved. Though you have to wonder what their relationship is like now after the whole Vegoose debacle of him backing out at the last minute. Anyway despite the fact that I've seen my share of mediocre P&F shows (I even walked out of one once) I've definitely been digging the more roots-y, song based shows he's been doing over the last year - no more mindless noodling jams that don't go anywhere.

Tickets through Phil's online tickets start this Friday or if you want to kick it old school mail order is also Friday as well.

Here's a couple of download's from his most recent tour to kept you entertained till then....

2005-11-26 Chicago Theatre -Chicago, Il
2005-12-08 House of Blues - Atlantic City, NJ
2005-11-23 NJPAC - Newark, NJ

No comments: