Friday, December 09, 2005

moe.'s tavern

So the moe. acoustic trio will be playing Coda once again this Sunday night. Get your tickets here. Here's their first two shows....

2005-11-28 Coda - New York, NY
2005-12-04 Coda - New York, NY

If I'm around Sunday I might try and hit this.

Also for those of you headed to see The Black Crowes on NYE while I was bummed to see that My Morning Jacket had to pull out of the show because of complications from lead singer's Jim James pneumonia - they swapped in another killer band in their place by adding The Secret Machines. They will finally be playing a room big enough for their sound and kick-ass light show. Here's a review of their recent NYC gig at Webster Hall (via Live Music Blog).

For those of you out there that haven't seen TSM yet take a listen to their late-night set from Bonnaroo which features their sludgy version of Dylan's Girl From The North Country....

2005-06-11 Bonnaroo - Manchester, TN

4 comments:

Justin said...

If I lived in NYC, that might be where I spend my NYE.

FYI--The Secret Machines Bonnaroo set will be my next three Jamcasts. I simply love this band too much right now, and this Bonnaroo set, the NPR stream, and their two albums are just not enough to keep me satisfied.

I'll post the first 1/3 tomorrow. =]

Jeffrey Greenblatt said...

I haven't figured out where I'm going to be for NYE yet. While that show I'm sure is going to be good, not sure if that's where I'll end up. Last year was much easier since I knew I wanted to see Wilco - which was probably the best show of their I've seen.

Justin said...

I still haven't fully jumped on the Wilco bandwagon, but I think I just found the album that will get me there.

Kicking Television is amazing.

Jeffrey Greenblatt said...

Yeah that's definitely a great primer to get into them. Check out this site http://bt.viachicago.org/browse.phpand grab the NYE show from last year.