Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Whole Bunch Of Nothing

Not really feeling to inspired today to write about any in particular. I did see Nada Surf last night at the Merc - it was a warm-up show for their tour that starts tonight in Baltimore. This was the first time I've seen them after being obsessed with Let Go for about the last year or so - I seriously recommend picking this album up. Thought it was a really solid show and the band was very loose as well, seemed like were playing to a room full of their friends. I'm sort of considering going to see them again when they come back to town to play Webster Hall in March just to see them play a more polished show.

Since I'm going to be starting a new job in about a month and going to be traveling a good amount as a part of it I'm making it my mission to see a lot of music before the baseball season starts in April. Here's some of the shows I'm strongly considering hitting....

Umphrey's McGee - Nokia Theater - 2/17
The Strokes - Hammerstien Ballroom (one of the three nights)
Animal Collective - Webster Hall - 3/23
Stellastarr* - Bowery Ballroom - 3/27
The Magic Numbers - Webster Hall - 3/28

Here's what I have tickets for already....

Phil & Friends - Beacon Theater - 2/11
Tea Leaf Green - Knitting Factory - 3/10
Jenny Lewis - Irving Plaza - 3/18

Anyway sorry for the boring post.

No comments: