Thursday, February 02, 2006

Lots Of Post Today - I Promise

Your friendly neighborhood blogger was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday and couldn't motivate to get another post up, but today I'm feeling a lot better and ready to get back to work.

First up on my to do list my thoughts on the Bonnaroo line-up. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it. While it may be a bit light on the typical jambands you've seen there in the past I think there is a good cross-section of a lot of genres and a lot of bands that will appeal to the jam audience - Bright Eyes, Dungen, Devendra Banhart, Seu Jorge, The Magic Numbers & dios (malos). I'm sure there already is plenty of discussions going on at message boards across the net about the line-up. The jam kids bashing Superfly for not having every jamband in existence on the roster and the indie-kids trying to figure out what the hell a Flecktone is.

The thing to remember is that this is the just the initial line-up and everyone will feel satisfied in the end. Has Superfly let us down yet?? My feeling is that they're trying to expand their audience a bit. They know people that have been there before will want to come back, now their trying to bring a different group of fans to show them what the 'Roo is all about.

Some initial thoughts for the second round of artist additions - SerialPod, The Secret Machines, The Shins and The Flaming Lips.

Back with more shortly.

No comments: