Monday, October 15, 2007

Music Video Mondays

If there is one album that has been getting a lot of play on the 'ol iPod lately it's been Okkervil River's The Stage Names. For the second week in a row I'm going to make an Arcade Fire reference, but they sort of have the same vibe - big sweeping bombastic songs, quirky instruments, etc. Here they are with "Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe"....



Be prepared to see this album pop up on a lot of best of's at the end of the year. Want more here's a recent soundboard show to check out....

Okkervil River - 2007-10-04 - Club Downunder - Florida State University - Tallahassee, FL


Or stream this one via NPR.

1 comment:

-RM said...

FUCK!!!! I should've seen them! Damnit! They were playing with Damien Jurado!!!! I can't wait to go to Europe so that I can see why I didn't go!