Sunday, March 12, 2006

Odds & Ends

Haven't been to good at posting much of anything this week - I'll blame it on starting a new job that has kept me pretty busy. Despite my lack of posts I did manage to squeeze in a couple of shows. Wednesday night saw Nada Surf for the second time in about a month. Definitely a tighter show then I saw at the Merc, but think they played for a little too long and played a few too many slow tunes that kind of took the crowd out of it for some stretches. Love them though. Go pick up their last two albums - seriously go and do it today.

Friday night I finally got to see my first Tea Leaf Green show at the Knit. These guys definitley lived up to most of the hype - though thought the mix was a bit muddy. When you cover The Velvet Underground, The Beatles and Bob Dylan in the same show along with some great original stuff you'll make a fan out of me and get me out to see you again. Also thanks to the heady people at VH1 you can hear a snippet of their tune 'Sea Monkeys' on I Love Toys - I'm sure you can figure out what it was used for.

This may be good news or bad news depending on how you look at it, but TLG has been asked to play as part of Dave Matthews Band Island Getaway this summer on Randall's Island - with Gov't Mule and Bela Fleck & The Flecktones (plus more to be announced). Definitely a big break for them, but do you really want to attract the DMB fans to your shows? Discuss.

No comments: