Friday, March 03, 2006

Odds & Ends

Not too much going on to post about today. Starting my new job on Monday - which I'm really excited about, so if my post become somewhat sporadic blame it on the new gig. I'll try my very best though to get stuff up - I'm sure it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Anyway, apparently Hookaville - the multi-day bi-annual festival hosted by Ohio jammers ekoostik hookah - is turning 25. The event will be taking place on May 26-28 at Legend Valley. Already scheduled to take part is Blues Traveler (look for a big summer from them), Yonder Mountain String Band and Great American Taxi, with more to be announced. From what I've read this is a really solid, small festival.

It's been a rough year or so for hookah who have had a bunch of line-up changes with most notably Ed McGee leaving the band (though they have invited their original guitar player back, who hasn't played with the band in over ten years). I have been a fan of these guys for awhile and had the pleasure of catching a few of their NYC shows. They really never seemed to catch on outside the Mid-West, which was a shame - they're a great song oriented, roots-jamband and actually put out a couple of really solid albums too.

Here's some hookah for you to enjoy. I serious recommend checking them out if you don't know them....

ekoostik hookah - 2002-07-27 - Frontier Ranch - Kirkersville, OH (SBD)

ekoostik hookah - 2001-02-10 - Newport Music Hall - Columbus, OH

ekoostik hookah - 1998-08-29 - Frontier Ranch - Kirkersville, OH (SBD)


ekoostik hookah - 1996-06-13 - The Odeon - Cleveland, OH (SBD)

No comments: