Friday, October 28, 2005

Play It Leo

Going to see Mike Gordon & Leo Kottke tomorrow night at Irving Plaza. Saw them a few years back at Bowery and it was a pretty enjoyable show. Very mellow and the audience was pretty respectful of the fact that it was just two guys playing quiet music. You kind of know what you're getting yourself into with a show like this, but that's not a bad thing. I'd rather give Cactus my money then Trey. I'm taking a stand and not caving in to see him at Roseland when he's here in a week or so. I've heard the new album and have to say it was quite underwhelming. Wish he would stop trying to be Dave Matthews - anyways enough about him.

3 comments:

Ace Cowboy said...

How did this show turn out? I wanted to go but ended up out of town this weekend...

Probably most bummed about missing this show than any other one this year.

Jeffrey Greenblatt said...

Thought the show was great. Crowd was a little annoying at times, but it was the Saturday night of Halloween weekend so I'll let it slide. The instrumental stuff they played was amazing, I could listen to that all night long.

Ace Cowboy said...

Allright, great to hear...I'd also like to throw my money at Mike over Trey, but Mike doesn't come around very often.

And forget Page and Fishman, I think they've been sleeping for the past year. Maybe they got their zippers stuck and they've been in the bathroom this whole time, ala the dude from Summer School.

So I guess the Redheaded F*ckface gets my cash...