Monday, October 31, 2005

#24!!!

Anyone that knows me can attest to the fact that I'm not the biggest pro football fan. Yes I do follow it and watch the games and do fantasy football, but truthfully I don't get pissed off if the Giants lose - I just don't. So now that baseball is over I'm just biding my time till the college hoops season starts. Well last week ESPN/USA Today posted their first pre-season poll and I was ecstatic to see my GW Colonials ranked at #24 . I figured we'd be somewhere near the Top 25 to start the season considering we're returning four of five starters from a team that won the A10 tournament and made the NCAA's for the first time since '99.

This team has talent and experience - two dangerous things when you talk about college basketball. Plus we've also got one of the most exciting players in all of college basketball with Pops Mensah-Bonsu . If you haven't seen this kid play he may be one of the best finishers out there, and seems from the reports from the Chicago camp he's developed more of a post game. This is going to be an exciting season.

More on the Colonials as the season gets closer.

No comments: