Wednesday, April 18, 2007

More Bonnawho's Who

Head over to Bonnawho's Who for posts on DJ Shadow, Sam Roberts Band and Damien Rice - three acts that I'm pretty excited about. I've had the opportunity to see Damien Rice a few times and he's absolutely fantastic, though a bit disappointed that Lisa Hannigan is no longer performing with him so it will be interesting to see him without her lovely vocals. As for Sam Roberts they're a band that I've been a fan of for awhile and caught the end of their set when they opened for Ben Kweller a few months back. From what I saw I was extremelly impressed - great, high energy live rock show. From what I've seen posted looks like they might be playing on Thursday, so hopefully I'll get there in time to catch them - I think they'd be a great band to see to kick off the festival for me.

DJ Shadow is a bit of a wildcard for me, not sure how his sound will translate to a festival since I've never seen him live. I'm a fan of Entroducing..., and this clip from the movie Scratch about the art of crate digging should make you one too....

No comments: