Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Covers Project

I'm not usually one for pimping cd compilations that are sold at Starbucks - though I seem to be addicted to their coffee - but they are teaming up with the folks at KCRW to put out a CD called "Sounds Electic: The Covers Project". Check out this tracklist....

Girls In Hawaii - "Out On The Weekend" (Neil Young)
Sia - "I Go To Sleep" (The Kinks)
The Magic Numbers - "Crazy In Love" (Beyonce)
Damien Rice - "Creep" (Radiohead)
Nikka Costa - "I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl" (Nina Simone)
Dido - "Fire And Ice" (James Taylor)
Paul Weller - "Wishing On A Star" (Rose Royce/Junior Walker)
Rufus Wainwright w. Chris Stills - "Harvest" (Neil Young)
R.E.M. - "Gentle On My Mind" (John Hartford/Glen Campbell)
Gary Jules - "Mad World" (Tears for Fears)
The Flaming Lips - "Knives Out" (Radiohead)
Robert Plant - "Black Dog"
Missy Higgins - "Moses" (Patty Griffin)
M. Ward - "Let's Dance" (David Bowie)
k.d. lang - "Hallelujah" (Leonard Cohen)

Not too shabby. The album hits Starbucks locations starting March 13th - read the full article here.

No comments: