Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Tradtion

Last year I wrote about the Thanksgiving tradition we have at the HFTB House. So this year through the magic of Stream Stash - got to love that site - I present to you Arlo Guthrie's 18 plus minute anti-establishment ode Alice's Restaurant Massacree. I don't know how many years I've been listening to this song, but it's held up extremely well. I still laugh at the same parts and you have to marvel in the fact that this was performed live in front of an audience. So seriously if you've never listened to this - or even you have - I highly suggest taking a small part of your day and giving it a spin.

If you're in the New York City area you can tune radio dial to Q104.3 at noon for their annual playing of the tune too.

I asked this question last year, but is there any other part of the country and plays this song on Thanksgiving too??

No comments: