Thursday, October 05, 2006

Weird Al Is Cool Again?!?!?!?

As confirmed by Best Week Ever last week Weird Al is relevant again. His new album Straight Outta Lynwood debuted at number 10 - his highest chart debut ever. I'll admit it I loved the guy when I was a kid (you know you did too) I owned Weird Al Yankovic, In 3-D and Dare To Be Stupid on record when I was 7 or 8. Can't say I have any desire to buy his new album now, but the guy did make some pretty clever songs and videos - Scott Robin assembled his Top Ten Weird Al vids check it out here.

And if that doesn't satisfy your jones for song parodies here's a couple of live shows (oh Dimeadozen you never seem to disappoint)....

“Weird Al” Yankovic - 1984-05-17 - Fort Lauderdale, FL

“Weird Al” Yankovic - 1995-03-31 - Hamilton Place - Hamilton, Ontario

No comments: