Thursday, October 12, 2006

Endless Highway - The Music Of The Band

So a few months back I posted about The Band tribute album that was being put together. Well the album is going to be called "Endless Highway: The Music of The Band" and it hits street on January 30th. The track list has also been released, check it out....

"I Shall Be Released," Jack Johnson

"The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down," The Allman Brothers Band

"Rocking Chair," Death Cab For Cutie

"It Makes No Difference," My Morning Jacket

"The Weight," Lee Ann Womack

"Whispering Pines," Jakob Dylan

"Up on Cripple Creek," Gomez

"King Harvest," Bruce Hornsby

"Unfaithful Servant," Rosanne Cash

"Rag Mama Rag," Blues Traveler

"Bessie Smith," Joe Henry

"This Wheel's on Fire," Guster

"Chest Fever," Widespread Panic

"Ain't No More Cane," John Hiatt & North Mississippi Allstars

"Look Out Cleveland," Jackie Greene

"Ophelia," Animal Liberation Orchestra

"Stage Fright," Steve Reynolds

"When I Paint My Masterpiece," Josh Turner

"The Shape I'm In," Gov't Mule

Quite a great selection and no real glaring omissions (though I would have liked to have seen "When You Awake" and "Arcadian Driftwood" on there). Don't think I've been this excited about an album coming out in awhile.

Check out my original post here for some great live covers to download.

No comments: