Friday, July 14, 2006

Concert Time - CheeseDog Review

Hit the SCI/Ratdog show last night at Radio City and just wanted to give a quick few thoughts on the night. First off just want to preface this with saying I'm not usually into bashing bands - especially jambands. So with that disclaimer out of the way have to say that I was less then impressed with String Cheese last night. While I missed the Tom Thumb's opener (walked in during their second song) the rest of their set was a total bore. They really seemed to just be mailing it in, it lacked energy for the most the part and seemed just lazy. I don't know if they were saving up for their headlining spot tonight or what, but just wasn't feeling it and didn't seem like the crowd was either.

As for Ratdog they came out of the gate swinging opening with Shakedown and delivered a gret high energy set. There were definitely way more Deadheads in the audience then Cheese fans so that may have had something to do with it too. While in the past I've been a little of critical of Bob doing too many Jerry songs and not more of his own - he's really put his own spin on them and I've come to really dig it.

Here's a few pics from last night....

I was in the back of the orchestra so it was the best I could do.

1 comment:

irenie said...

Thanks for the pix & review.
Hope you are enjoying tonight's RD too!