Friday, May 26, 2006

2,000

As Ace Cowboy got to see some history last weekend, I got to see some myself tonight. I've been at Yankee Stadium for some great moments. I've seen them win the pennant twice, been to three World Series games - including seeing November baseball and two walk-off home runs. Also had the pleasure of being on hand for Roger Clemens 300th win and 4,000th strikeout - which both occurred in the same game. Well tonight I got to see one Derek Sanderson Jeter get his 2,000 hit as a Yankee. Ok it was a barely a hit, more like a little roller that maybe went about ten feat but he redeemed himself later in the game with a solid base hit up the middle for 2001 (which they played over the loud speaker after it happened). Nothing like seeing a great player get reach a milestone achievement - hopefully I'll get to be on hand for 3,000 (which would make him the first Yankee to achieve that).

No comments: