Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Linkage

As has become commonplace here I'll be once again be stealing something that Ace Cowboy posted over at Slack LaLane - this one I'm quite excited about because it's so damn cool. The Grateful Dead appeared on Playboy After Dark in 1969, which is something that I had always read about but never seen. Well thanks to the magic of the internets (and Ace) I finally got to see it today and it's quite cool. The rumor had always been that they wanted to dose Hugh Hefner - they tried to dose everyone back then. Not sure how many people they got to that night, but it does look like Mickey is tripping his face off.

Anyway without further ado....

Grateful Dead on Playboy After Dark (1969) (stream)

Download the whole thing here.

Enjoy!!!!

Also if you have a copy of the book 'Living With The Dead' you can read all about that night - it's on pages 158-161.

3 comments:

Ace Cowboy said...

I subscribe to the mid-90s Doritos school of blogging: Steal all you want, we'll make more.

Jeffrey Greenblatt said...

Thanks man!

Hey you hitting the Dumpstafunk show on Friday? Or the Freak's Ball thing on Saturday? We should meet up. Also still need to see the episode of Arrested.

Ace Cowboy said...

Dude, the AD got erased from my DVR...I'm not happy about it, and this illustrates why TiVo is MUCH MUCH better than cable DVR. I used to have TiVo, but when I moved I got the cable box, and it doesn't save shit nearly as long. Sucks, sorry dude.

I won't be at the Friday show, but I do have a ticket for Saturday's Freaks Ball. So I'll definitely see you there -- throw me an email (slacklalane@yahoo.com) and we'll make some plans to meet up.