Friday, September 23, 2005

Triple Threat


So potentially the Yankees could have the AL MVP, CY Young and Rookie of the Year all of the same team - A-Rod, Marino & Robinson Cano. Not sure if a team has ever had all three award winners on the same team - I'll have to look into that. I can see the arguments for David Ortiz getting the award, but the guy doesn't play the field and A-Rod is a potential Gold Glovers this season. If he doesn't come up with that great play on Wednesday night the game would have been tied 2-2. I just can't see giving it to someone who only plays half the game. As for Mo he's probably having his best season ever as a closer and he's had some amazing seasons. If it comes down to Sunday night in Boston for the AL East and Mo's has to close it out in the 9th for the save how could you not give the guy the award?? (Though I'm hoping that we can somehow wrap it up beforehand) And I've already posted about Cano - this kid can hit.



I'll be at the game tonight, so hopefully they'll keep their streak going. It's my last regular season game of the year, so would love to see a win.

No comments: