Tuesday, December 26, 2006

First Bonnaroo Artist Confirmation

While we will have to wait for the first full list of confirmed artists for next year's Bonnaroo we do have confirmation of one act so far. Indie-music-blog darlings the Cold War Kids have spilled the beans in a new Jambands.com article that they will in fact be playing the festival. Here's the excerpt....

MG- 2006 was the first year Cold War Kids hit the festival circuit. What were your initial impressions of that environment?

JR- That’s a good question. I had never been to a festival, even to watch, until we got to Lollapalooza to play this year. I always imaged that they’d be a real anxious environment, full of sweaty, sunburnt people and plastic Bud Light bottles [laughs]. I always imagined--- what a nightmare! I have fair skin and I always passed on Coachella. I never even did the Warped Tour thing. Growing up, I remember people going to Lollapalooza, but as I got a little older and cooler, I learned a little more about the modern festivals. We are actually going to play Bonnaroo next year, which is really exciting. It seems like a really cool festival, with a pretty cool vibe. I’ve been reading about it in magazines and it seems like it’s been changing a lot in the past years in terms of the lineup, but I like where its roots are. It seems to give it a different feel from the other festivals, which is nice. I’m not the biggest jamband fan, but I’d definitely pick a jamband environment over a K-Rock or Hard Rock environment. I think I will feel more at home there.

So will the jamband kids be pissed again this year that indie-rock will once again be the focus? Or will there be the usual balance that will make everyone happy? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Good call on this; it's good to have the indie/jamband mix and I think they're a band that'll help bring a lot of attention to the festival...